Through the power of the sun, solar panels generate electricity for your home. In order to make this energy, the panels follow this process:
- When sunlight hits the panels, photons and electrons interact, creating an electrical current.
- This electrical current flows from the panels to your solar inverter, where it becomes energy usable in your home.
- From the inverter, the energy travels to your breaker box, where it is circulated throughout your home.
- Excess electricity will be stored in your Generac battery backup, available for later use. Depending on your area, this excess energy could also be used for net metering purposes, where it can be sent back to the grid in exchange for energy credits on your future electric bills.
Benefits Of Solar In Nashville
Bringing solar energy to your Nashville home could have plenty of benefits for you. Beyond the potential financial benefits involved, there’s the chance to do some good for the environment and the potential for a return on your investment.
- Own Your Power — Protect your home from rising electric costs by creating your own electricity, which helps your home rely less on the grid.
- Potentially Reduce Your Electric Bill — Since your solar system will be producing your energy, you could potentially save thousands of dollars on electric bills over time.
- Qualify For Federal Tax Credit — Homeowners can currently claim a federal tax credit of up to 26% for installing solar panels on their property.5
- Potentially Increase Your Property’s Value — There are studies that show having a solar panel system installed might increase your home’s value, which could potentially lead to an increased return on investment should you sell your home.
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint — Using a clean, renewable alternative to fossil fuels helps reduce your carbon footprint, letting you do your part to protect the planet.
What Happens To Excess Solar Energy?
Your solar panels may produce more electricity than your home needs at times. If you find yourself with excess electricity, there are a couple of ways it can be put to use.
Store excess energy in a backup battery.3
If your panels produce excess energy, the extra power can be stored in your Generac battery backup to be used in the event of a grid power outage or at night when your panels are not producing any electricity. In addition, the stored energy can fill the gaps when your home’s solar panels are not producing at full capacity.
Use excess energy via net metering.
Net metering is the process of sending extra energy that your solar panels produce back to the grid in exchange for credits on future electric bills. If your panels produce extra energy, you can be credited for the energy you sell back (often at a 1-to-1 ratio), meaning that you sell it back at the same price you would buy it. This is a great incentive for using solar energy, but it’s important to note that some utility companies do not offer net metering. Availability, excess credits and other requirements vary by area and utility providers.
Solar Panel Installation In Nashville
- Request a free quote. Our solar representatives will get back to you shortly to discuss going solar with you. During this talk, we’ll ensure you’re a good case for solar panels and schedule your free in-home consultation.
- One of our solar experts will evaluate your home and electric bills in-person to determine what size solar system will best fit your needs. This results in a custom proposal made to address your home’s specific energy usage. Once the contract is signed, it’s time for us to get to work preparing for installation!
- On installation day, we’ll arrive on time to carefully install solar panels at your home. We’ll make sure to prevent damage to your home and roof, and we’ll work quickly — the process should only take a day or two. After your panels are installed, we’ll test your system and clean up before leaving.
Cost of Solar
Going solar is more affordable than ever for Nashville residents! However, your solar system’s cost depends on several variables: your home, your current energy usage and energy goals. With some assistance from our experts, we can come up with a custom solution for your home that includes how many solar panels will be needed.
The cost of solar panels is calculated based on dollars per watt. We calculate the number of panels you need based on the number of watts your home typically uses. Once we have that number, we can effectively design a custom solar solution for your home.
Your Nashville Solar Panel Installation Cost Includes The Following:
This includes the solar panels, inverters, wiring, conduit, mounting racks and mounting hardware.
A Custom Solar System
Once you sign the contract, our team begins designing a system, filing the relevant permits and proceeding with the setup for your installation.
A Time And Date For Your Installation
On the day of installation, our team carefully installs and tests your system to ensure that it’s working properly, then cleans up your property as though we were never there!